ciaps

Hi community,

I researched in forum and FAQ and I am not able to answer a question -- so I post it here. Apologies in advance if it's something super simple that I am missing.

Is there a way to mix vertices position of the same mesh on different tracks?

I have read the documentation (http://it.esotericsoftware.com/spine-meshes#Keying) where it says "All vertices are keyed together. This can make it difficult to animate different parts of the same mesh solely by using deformation[...]."

Still, is there not a blending options available? Imagine a blinking eyes animation, made with FFD, which should play (randomly at runtime) when the head is rotated in different angles. The rotation of the head would happen on a lower track.

The only thing that should be blended is the xy delta on position of that one single vertex of the eye, rather than its actual position.

Thanks!
ciaps

Pharan

As the documentation describes, deformation keys store the vertices of the whole mesh, not just parts. There's currently no way to define deformation keys that only affect a subset of the vertices, so there's no way you could just have a face mesh and combine mouth deformation and eye deformation independently using free-form deformation.

Instead, if you really want/need to do this through free-form deformation, you can make these parts into different images and different meshes.

Or, you can keep them as one mesh and deform them using bone Weights.
You can weight the eyes on certain bones, and the mouth on certain bones and the bones can be moved independently.
At the same time, they can be parented to shared bones, so they can move or rotate together as well depending on your bone arrangement.
Pharan

Pharan

ciaps

Fantastic, thank you so much Pharan. The weighted bones work like magic.
ciaps

Return to Unity