essentialskills

It appears that I can only use 1 texture alias png when using the widget code. Or else I get this error.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'setFilters' of undefined
at TextureAtlas.load (TextureAtlas.ts:79)
at new TextureAtlas (TextureAtlas.ts:34)
at SpineWidget.load (Widget.ts:162)
at Widget.ts:191

In order for my animations to work on older devices such as the IPad 2, I need to save the texture at 1024x1024. (We work with schools that have old devices) However, my texture has a bunch of frames and trying to fit all that in 1 texture alias png makes for a really blurry animation. I am using the example code in spine-ts/widget/example to display my animation. If I export anything from spin with more then 1 texture alias page it crashes.

Is there a way to use multiple texture alias pngs when using the widget code? And if not then why not?
essentialskills

Erikari

Hello, you can have multiple atlas pages using the Javascript configuration, and you will have to specify the location of each page png:
spine-runtimes/spine-ts at 3.6
atlasPages: optional, the list of atlas page images, e.g. atlasPages: ["assets/page1.png", "assets/page2.png"] when using code, or data-atlas-pages="assets/page1.png,assets/page2.png" on case of HTML instantiation. Use this if you have a multi-page atlomittedommited, only one atlas page image is loaded based on the atlas file name, replacing .atlas with .png.
Erikari

Erikari

essentialskills

That worked! I just assumed the atlas file knows that the textures are on multiple pages and therefore it would of loaded them without me explicitly telling it too. When I open the atlas file I can see it knows the correct png files to grad. Is there an advantage to this way?
essentialskills

badlogic

No, that's just a sillyness of the widget. We are working on a new simple player for animations that does all this automatically. It's being worked on in the 3.7-beta branch under spine-ts/widget/. I see if I can make the old widget use the new loading code as well.
badlogic

Mario

Return to Editor