tjbrunetto

Hi Esoteric Team,

I have a player that jumps onto a moving platform that I animated in Spine. The animation seems to be working fine but when my player jumps onto the platform I notice a bit of jitter on both the player and the platform. The platform also jitters when the player is not on top of it. In the Spine editor there is no jitter what so ever. I am wondering if my background objects are causing a slight frame rate dip and thus is causing the jittery motion. I am going to check the profiler shortly. Also I did move the platform to an area with a lot less background objects and the jittery motion did still exist.

Not sure what to do.

Tim
tjbrunetto

Pharan

Not sure but it might also be your physics setup. Certain physics interpolation settings can cause your GameObject to move around as the system tries to anticipate where it should be and makes the wrong guess which can manifest as jittery movement.
Pharan

Pharan

tjbrunetto

I set up a dummy test. I created a fake platform and added the same script that I used for the platforms on my spine object. I child the player to the platform and then add velocity to the rigidbody of the platform in the update function. The player moves without any jitter while remaining attached to the platform. Better results most likely in fixedupdate as well. The problem is that the platforms in the animation do not contain an actual velocity. They are moving their position via their rigidbodies when you open up the contacts tab but there is no velocity to pass to the player. Almost like a transform.translate. The player is jittery because the game is based on physics but there is no physics to pass to the player. I may need to take out the platforms and get them moving seperately via scripts in Unity.
tjbrunetto

Return to Unity