IndieDoroid

Hi guys,
Does anyone know if there's a way to cast shadows for JUST the silhouette of the character?

Meaning the eyes , mouth, pieces of body parts etc, don't cast shadows on themselves. Just the entire body casts a shadow on the environment.

Right now when I turn on shadow casting, the body casts it's silhouette on walls and grounds, but the various eye shape Slots , mouth Slots also cast shadows on the face Slot. It's not great.

I'm using Todd River's shader btw.

Any help or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!
IndieDoroid

Harald

In general, when using third party shaders, please contact the respective developer for help.
edit: Sorry, just saw your other post here Shadero Sprite and Spine and that you have already asked Todd River, without any reply.

I have tried Todd River's Uber Sprite shader on our Basic Platformer sample scene: It worked very well unless I enabled "write to depth" at the material and at the same time set "Z Spacing" to larger values, which causes the effect you described - eyes will write to the depth buffer and therefore cast shadows onto the face. So I suggest that you either reduce "Z Spacing" to as close to 0 as possible, or disable "write to depth".

As a side note - you can achive the same results with Spine's Sprite shaders, e.g. "Spine/Sprite/Pixel Lit". If you are missing some crucial functionality there, please let us know!

SpineShadows.PNG

---

Since I would be happy to improve the Spine shaders or add new shader features, please let me know what you are currently missing from them - we would be very happy to provide everything in the Spine shaders and eliminate the need for any other shaders!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Harald

Harri

Return to Unity