champcuute

I have 2 animations on a json file I want to play in unity. My programmer has added spine files to unity before, but is still fairly new to this.

She sent me these images back, one being the spine boy file she used to learn how to bring spine to unity, and the other is our new character. Looks like our character just has the 'set up pose' missing. I'm not sure how to go about adding a 'set up pose'. I thought the setup mode's original pose, which is there, would be this set up pose.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
champcuute

Pharan

Is she aware of this page? Getting started with Spine-Unity
Pharan

Pharan

Pharan wrote:Is she aware of this page? http://esotericsoftware.com/spine-unity-gettingstarted
Hi, I'm the programmer. Yes, I'm aware of that page and I was able to port Spineboy-Pro with no issues whatsoever - once I drag his skeleton data to the scene, I am able to instantiate a Skeleton Animation of him with no errors. When I try to do the same with the Spine animation that champcuute sent me, I get the attached error. I get similar errors when I attempt to accomplish the same goal by instead creating an empty Spine Animation for our custom Spine and then dragging its Skeleton Data to the Skeleton Animation component's SkeletonData Asset field. I also am not shown a preview of our custom Spine animation when I look at its Skeleton Data in Unity's Inspector. I'm not sure what else I could try to do on the Unity side of things.

---

FIXED: So I think I figured out what the issue was. The Spine animation we have defines 2 clipping areas. It looks like this is not okay per this page and there can only be one: http://esotericsoftware.com/spine-clipping

I removed the clipping areas and the animation now ports over fine. Just a heads up if anyone else comes across this issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pharan

Hmmm.. Thanks for letting us know!
It's weird that it would error out like that. We'll try to find a better way for it to behave (and give more information) in a situation like this.

I'll have to ask the team about this.
Pharan

Pharan

Return to Unity