Wolatje

Hi,
If I make use of the "SkeletonUtility" script and Spawn a Bone Hierarchy in Unity, the bones that are affected by Inverse Kinematics don't move correctly.

How to reproduce it: Put a spine animation that uses IK in some way into a unity scene. Use the "SkeletonUtility" script, click "Spawn Hierarchy -> Follow". The bones that use IK are not positioned and rotated correctly (don't know if scale works).
We even tried hacking around in the SkeletonUtilityBone file and tried using some code from the "BoneFollower" script, which correctly works with Inverse Kinematics, but this didn't work and produced even weirder behaviour.

Maybe someone could look into this? It's become an increasingly large problem for us as we like to put things such as colliders on bones gameObjects and depend on this working correctly.
Wolatje

kbm

I have the same problem, actually and it's been bugging me for month
Any solutions?
kbm

Pharan

We can look into this. My hunch is that it has something to do with the IK not updating the local transform values for the SkeletonUtilityBones to follow correctly. It could be an easy fix. Possibly not. I'm not sure yet.

Which version of Spine are you using?
Pharan

Pharan

Wolatje

I am currently working with version 3.6.52
Wolatje

Pharan

This change should fix it: [unity] Fix SkeletonUtility not following IK bone positions.@e63a75e

You can replace your SkeletonUtilityBone.cs code with it to apply it immediately: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/EsotericSoftware/spine-runtimes/3.6/spine-unity/Assets/spine-unity/SkeletonUtility/SkeletonUtilityBone.cs

It will be included in the unitypackage update soon.

Let us know if it doesn't fix the problem for you.
Pharan

Pharan

kbm

Pharan wrote:This change should fix it: [unity] Fix SkeletonUtility not following IK bone positions.@e63a75e

You can replace your SkeletonUtilityBone.cs code with it to apply it immediately: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/EsotericSoftware/spine-runtimes/3.6/spine-unity/Assets/spine-unity/SkeletonUtility/SkeletonUtilityBone.cs

It will be included in the unitypackage update soon.

Let us know if it doesn't fix the problem for you.
Thank you so much, this fixed it for me!
kbm

Wolatje

Works, thank you very much :)
Wolatje

Pharan

Glad to hear it! Thanks for letting us know!
Pharan

Pharan

Return to Unity