vladimirkovac

Hi,

we're trying to import a character made in Spine 3.6.43 with Spine-Unity. I can't find the version, version txt just says:
This Spine-Unity runtime works with data exported from Spine Editor version: 3.6.xx
When importing spine files to unity i get this error:

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 10.15.05.png

Then this:

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 10.16.16.png

Then after manually selecting the atlas file from "browse" I get this:

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 10.17.25.png

I can't figure out what's going on. The remaining regions seem to be defined in the skeleton and the atlas. Can you help? We usually don't have any problems with importing to Unity with our export settings. It's the first time we're using skins so maybe it's skin-related?

The export settings are

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 09.58.14.png
vladimirkovac

Pharan

Are you able to share your exported files with us?
You can send it to unity@esotericsoftware.com
You can fill the png with black if it's a concern.
Pharan

Pharan

vladimirkovac

I've sent the files to unity@esotericsoftware.com.

Looking forward to hear from you.
vladimirkovac

Pharan

For some reason, those regions it failed to detect were stored in the atlas file with a trailing space character.
2018-07-11_22-18-59.png

Removing the trailing space seems to fix it, but I'll show it to Nate and see how that space got there in the first place. It might be a sign of some other thing that needs fixing.
Thanks for reporting!

For now, if you have Notepad++, you can use the "Trim Trailing Space" function in the menu.
2018-07-11_22-20-21.png

Otherwise, you can delete that space manually in your text editor of choice.

Windows' Notepad may not be ideal since it doesn't recognize the Unix End of Line character format. But most other decent text editors should work.

Do you have any idea why the extra space character might be there?

---

2018-07-12_18-22-47.png

This warning will be added in a future version:
Pharan

Pharan

vladimirkovac

Holy cow, you're right! I would never have caught it by myself.

The trailing space character was caused by a typo in Illustrator and was propagated when the images were exported.

This solves our problem. Thank you so much!

So trailing spaces are not allowed in image names? Is this a limitation of the file format?
vladimirkovac

Pharan

Thanks for letting us know!

It's more like mismatched behavior in Spine, I guess, tripping up in this weird case.
I assume Spine exports the json and strips whitespace from the path, but the texture packer keeps it intact.
Will confirm with Nate.
Pharan

Pharan

Return to Unity