robotriot

I've got 21 frames in my animation (the last keys are on frame 21). However, the keyboard shortcuts for "next/previous frame" (R/F) always skip frame 21. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Edit: It seems setting the loop start/end to 0/22 seems to do the trick, but I don't really understand why I have to do that...
robotriot

Pharan

Seems like it currently does this when you have looping/"repeat animation(ctrl+r) enabled.

It probably shouldn't wrap when you're not in playback. The again, it's sort of an ambiguous case since some people use R/F to frame-by-frame preview a loop.
Pharan

Pharan

Nate

When repeat is enabled, the last frame and the first frame are considered the same time. They aren't required to have the same key values, but it's quite uncommon to have different key values when looping. Skipping the last frame helps when looping, when not looping or if you don't like it, just disable repeat.
Nate

Nate

Pharan

The assumption I was going with is that R and F aren't necessarily used for frame-by-frame playback.
It can be used for frame-by-frame setting of keys, especially for slot attachments, but I can see setting frame-by-frame transform values if the intended movement is especially jittery.

If you're already on the keyboard pressing R and F though, it shouldn't be a problem to toggle this behavior using CTRL+R.
On the other hand, if you use a dial-like interface device like the Surface Dial, or Wacom tablets with dials, bound to R/F, this can be a bit annoying.
Pharan

Pharan

Return to Editor