TedNindo

Hi,
I am having trouble separating my skeleton. Well, not my own but one of an enemy from my game. I would like to run my hero up a dragon's back so he should be in front of the dragon's body but behind his front wing.

Alright, I have found this page here that explains how to use the SkeletonRendererSeparator:
https://github.com/pharan/spine-unity-docs/blob/master/spine-unity-skeletonrenderseparator.md

Although, this does not seem to be very complicated. I can figure out why it is not working for me.

Let me explain what I am doing and you might be able to tell me, where the problem is.

I import my enemy into the scene (SkeletonAnimator)

I right click on the SkeletonAnimator component and add a skeleton renderer separator.

I choose a separator slot:

I click on the generate parts button:

I set the sorting layers to -1 and 1 for the two elements.
And ad the skull which is on Character Layer 0 to test if it is working.

But for some reasons, it does not work. I can see that on the individual subparts the skeleton Mesh (Filter) is empty.

Many thanks for your support.

Editorversion 3.6.53 Pro
My Runtimelib says this: This Spine-Unity runtime works with data exported from Spine Editor version: 3.6.xx
TedNindo

Pharan

You did follow all the right steps.
Did you see if it works at runtime?

There should be no problem at edit time either. Did you confirm that the SkeletonRenderSeparator sample scene works?
Pharan

TedNindo

Hi, Pharan thank you for your fast reply. This is very much appreciated.

Ah, well. The only thing that I did not do is to hit the play button and test it out! :x
This means it does work after I pressed play once. Even in the editor. But not before. Which is a bit strange if you do it for the first time. So all the fiddling was a waste of time but at least if someone will look for the workflow in the forum he will find it faster then I did.
By the way, talking about the workflow. There is an old video on youtube that shows an old version of how to do this. You might consider deleting this video. It is what I found first.

So thank again for helping me out! :)
TedNindo

Pharan

Which video are you talking about? If it's on Mitch's channel, I don't really have access to that. I'll have to get a hold of him.

That's an odd bug. I think a user reported something similar before. If I remember correctly, I applied a change that should've fixed that but it might have been only in 3.7-beta and not 3.6 yet.
Pharan

TedNindo

I was talking about these videos:
(fenrisul)

Spine Unity Submesh Renderers - YouTube

Spine - SkeletonUtility Shakedown 1 - YouTube

Haven't thought about that they might be not official.
TedNindo

Pharan

Yeah. That's Mitch. We don't own his channel. :p
We'll let him know, I guess.
Pharan

Mitch

Doh!

Outdated stuff is out dated heh.

I'll try and clear out some stuff from before I was a proper contributor here :) But a lot of than have Pharan's excellent intro illustrations though!
Mitch

Mitch

Return to Unity