barrcodes

I'm having an issue with Solve Tangents. Your example scene is working fine, but when I apply Solve Tangents to my own sprite I have issues. If I override the sprite's motion with SkeletonUtility, the tangents appear to solve. But if I run an animation, the tangents appear static.

See the following image for details. I am debugging worldNormals to show the issue. The attached issue is in my homebrewed shader, but the same issue appears if I try to apply your out-of-the-box shaders.
Attachments
WorldSpaceNoms-Info.png
barrcodes

Pharan

Sorry, I didn't notice this thread!

We'll check this problem out.

Are you on Spine 3.6 or on 3.7?
Pharan

Pharan

barrcodes

No problem! Let me know what I can share with you to help this go smoothly!

I believe 3.6. The runtime in unity says "This runtime works with data exported from Spine Editor version: 3.6.xx" ... can't find any other versioning info. Should we attempt an upgrade?
barrcodes

Pharan

No, but if you haven't done so recently, update it using the latest 3.6 unitypackage.
Spine Unity Download

There was a bugfix earlier this year (still 3.6) that fixed a problem with tangents not being updated.
Pharan

Pharan

barrcodes

Updated. Same issue currently. I may be willing to make a simple example scene to send your way, if you're interested.
barrcodes

barrcodes

Pharan, you should have just received a Google Drive link from me to share a sample project. Let me know your thoughts, or if you have any questions about my process.

One small additional bug: if you make the camera orthographic (ortho size 7) in that scene, the z-sort order of the slots gets all messed up.
barrcodes

Pharan

I can confirm that we've received the email but I can't seem to access the folder.

Regarding the sort order, if you're not using a depth-reading/writing shader, is your problem similar to the problem in this thread?
Spine Animation rendering problem
Pharan

Pharan

barrcodes

What does it say when you try to access? Make sure at the top right of your Google drive page that you are accessing as unity@esotericsoftware.com ... Or if that's an alias, please give me the email address you are using.
barrcodes

badlogic

badlogic

Mario

barrcodes

Thank you. I sent it to the new address. I also added sorting groups, and it worked. Thank you, Pharan!

---

I'm sure this is clear, but just in case: sorting groups fixed the orthographic camera issue. Tangents are still wrong in animation.
barrcodes

Pharan

Thanks, we've received the repro case.

I think I found the problem. Just something weird with submesh counts we're doing. It only manifested when the renderer uses multiple submeshes.
I'll push a fix soon. Stay tuned.
Pharan

Pharan

barrcodes

Thank you! I think we would prefer to be using one mesh, I just had some issues when I tried to bake my skin at runtime. I probably need to take another look at that.
barrcodes

Pharan

Can you try the latest unitypackage now? It should be dated today (November 15)
Spine Unity Download

There were a few additional related bugs that I ran into that should have been fixed in the process.
Let us know if you run into any problems with the runtime!
Pharan

Pharan

Return to Bugs