Ran

Dear Nate,i don't know what happened with my Spine, but it always crashed when i open it today!!!
Every time it crashed when it loading at 98% or 99%(you can see the pic below)....
My mac operating system is 10.9, and the Spine version should be the lasted one(I use it everyday)..
AF69288E-ADDD-4365-83F7-8A396D6E1435.jpg

I tried to restart the Mac and reinstalling the Spine, it still doesn't work....
I am so upset because I don't know the exact reasons. :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

I need help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ran

Nate

Can you run Console (an OSX application) and paste any errors and surrounding lines that appear when you run Spine?
Nate

Nate

Ran

Nate wrote:Can you run Console (an OSX application) and paste any errors and surrounding lines that appear when you run Spine?
Nate,there are some lines from my console!
E79F8BE8-7916-4679-9662-5FEE04317A3D.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ran

Nate

Strange, no error shows. Anything in this file?
<user home folder>/Library/Application Support/Spine/spine.log
Nate

Nate

Ran

Nate wrote:Strange, no error shows. Anything in this file?
<user home folder>/Library/Application Support/Spine/spine.log
Nate,This is the spine.log!
CC488ED3-66C2-4310-8891-B7A14A327027.png
Ran

Nate

Is there more to the spine.log? It seems you posted an image of it? You can attach it to a forum post or email it to contact@esotericsoftware.com.
Nate

Nate

Ran

Nate wrote:Is there more to the spine.log? It seems you posted an image of it? You can attach it to a forum post or email it to contact@esotericsoftware.com.
Sorry!!
Is this right?
Ran

Nate

Erm, yes that is right, but it also doesn't show the error. :( No idea why it would be crashing. Have you plugged or unplugged monitors lately?

Can you make a copy of this folder then delete it?
Mac: <user home folder>/Library/Application Support/Spine/
If Spine runs after doing that, can you send me the prefs.json from that folder?
Nate

Nate

Ran

Nate wrote:Erm, yes that is right, but it also doesn't show the error. :( No idea why it would be crashing. Have you plugged or unplugged monitors lately?

Can you make a copy of this folder then delete it?
Mac: <user home folder>/Library/Application Support/Spine/
If Spine runs after doing that, can you send me the prefs.json from that folder?
Nate, I have never plugged or unplugged monitors lately!
I deleted this folder then the Spine can be opened finally!!
Can i use it normally without the folder now??
The prefs.json is a little big, so i sent it by email, please check it!
Thanks a lot!!!
Ran

Nate

Got it, thanks. Wow, your prefs.json was 176MB!? WTH... it's almost entirely a repeated sequence of bytes:
http://i.imgur.com/xhkiaQ6.png
Looks like maybe a bad UTF8 encoding of a path or something, but I have no idea why that would happen. Maybe your path has Unicode characters in it? Can you say what the actual full path was? It is something like this:
/Users/Ran/€V2.0/Spine_file/examples/dragon/dragon.spine
I've changed how preferences are saved in 1.6.32 (now up) so hopefully this doesn't happen again. Unfortunately this means that your preferences will get reset more often if I add or remove something stored in the preferences, but that doesn't happen very much.
Nate

Nate

Ran

Nate wrote:Got it, thanks. Wow, your prefs.json was 176MB!? WTH... it's almost entirely a repeated sequence of bytes:
http://i.imgur.com/xhkiaQ6.png
Looks like maybe a bad UTF8 encoding of a path or something, but I have no idea why that would happen. Maybe your path has Unicode characters in it? Can you say what the actual full path was? It is something like this:
/Users/Ran/€V2.0/Spine_file/examples/dragon/dragon.spine
I've changed how preferences are saved in 1.6.32 (now up) so hopefully this doesn't happen again. Unfortunately this means that your preferences will get reset more often if I add or remove something stored in the preferences, but that doesn't happen very much.
Thank you very much! Nate! :love: :love: :love:
I finally know what is the wrong with my Spine!
All because i use Chinese as my file name..I am a Chinese..Aha!
I had changed my path into English..
That's the best way to avoid this kind problem i think.

At the end,
Welcome to China!
Beautiful & Vast & Large Population.. 8)
Ran

Nate

Yes but Spine should handle Chinese just fine. Can you please post what the full path was?
Nate

Nate

Ran

Nate wrote:Yes but Spine should handle Chinese just fine. Can you please post what the full path was?
I have changed the path into English..but i guess the older path is:
/Users/Ran/摸摸乐开怀V2.0/Spine_file/examples/dragon/dragon.spine
Ran

Nate

Aha! Thank you! I was able to reproduce the problematic encoding with that path. I've changed back to using JSON to store preferences and it should work fine now. :)
Nate

Nate

Ran

Nate wrote:Aha! Thank you! I was able to reproduce the problematic encoding with that path. I've changed back to using JSON to store preferences and it should work fine now. :)
Also thank you~
I will try my best to support your activities all the time.
I don't have VISA, but i will have it soon later. ;)
Ran

Return to Bugs