Ran

Dear Nate,i don't know what happened with my Spine, but it always crashed when i open it today!!!
Every time it crashed when it loading at 98% or 99%(you can see the pic below)....
My mac operating system is 10.9, and the Spine version should be the lasted one(I use it everyday)..
AF69288E-ADDD-4365-83F7-8A396D6E1435.jpg


I tried to restart the Mac and reinstalling the Spine, it still doesn't work....
I am so upset because I don't know the exact reasons. :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

I need help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ran
  • Posts: 17

Nate

Can you run Console (an OSX application) and paste any errors and surrounding lines that appear when you run Spine?
User avatar
Nate

Nate
  • Posts: 10562

Ran

Nate wrote:Can you run Console (an OSX application) and paste any errors and surrounding lines that appear when you run Spine?
Nate,there are some lines from my console!
E79F8BE8-7916-4679-9662-5FEE04317A3D.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ran
  • Posts: 17

Nate

Strange, no error shows. Anything in this file?
<user home folder>/Library/Application Support/Spine/spine.log
User avatar
Nate

Nate
  • Posts: 10562

Ran

Nate wrote:Strange, no error shows. Anything in this file?
<user home folder>/Library/Application Support/Spine/spine.log
Nate,This is the spine.log!
CC488ED3-66C2-4310-8891-B7A14A327027.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ran
  • Posts: 17

Nate

Is there more to the spine.log? It seems you posted an image of it? You can attach it to a forum post or email it to contact@esotericsoftware.com.
User avatar
Nate

Nate
  • Posts: 10562

Ran

Nate wrote:Is there more to the spine.log? It seems you posted an image of it? You can attach it to a forum post or email it to contact@esotericsoftware.com.
Sorry!!
Is this right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ran
  • Posts: 17

Nate

Erm, yes that is right, but it also doesn't show the error. :( No idea why it would be crashing. Have you plugged or unplugged monitors lately?

Can you make a copy of this folder then delete it?
Mac: <user home folder>/Library/Application Support/Spine/
If Spine runs after doing that, can you send me the prefs.json from that folder?
User avatar
Nate

Nate
  • Posts: 10562

Ran

Nate wrote:Erm, yes that is right, but it also doesn't show the error. :( No idea why it would be crashing. Have you plugged or unplugged monitors lately?

Can you make a copy of this folder then delete it?
Mac: <user home folder>/Library/Application Support/Spine/
If Spine runs after doing that, can you send me the prefs.json from that folder?
Nate, I have never plugged or unplugged monitors lately!
I deleted this folder then the Spine can be opened finally!!
Can i use it normally without the folder now??
The prefs.json is a little big, so i sent it by email, please check it!
Thanks a lot!!!
Ran
  • Posts: 17

Nate

Got it, thanks. Wow, your prefs.json was 176MB!? WTH... it's almost entirely a repeated sequence of bytes:
http://i.imgur.com/xhkiaQ6.png
Looks like maybe a bad UTF8 encoding of a path or something, but I have no idea why that would happen. Maybe your path has Unicode characters in it? Can you say what the actual full path was? It is something like this:
/Users/Ran/€V2.0/Spine_file/examples/dragon/dragon.spine
I've changed how preferences are saved in 1.6.32 (now up) so hopefully this doesn't happen again. Unfortunately this means that your preferences will get reset more often if I add or remove something stored in the preferences, but that doesn't happen very much.
User avatar
Nate

Nate
  • Posts: 10562

Ran

Nate wrote:Got it, thanks. Wow, your prefs.json was 176MB!? WTH... it's almost entirely a repeated sequence of bytes:
http://i.imgur.com/xhkiaQ6.png
Looks like maybe a bad UTF8 encoding of a path or something, but I have no idea why that would happen. Maybe your path has Unicode characters in it? Can you say what the actual full path was? It is something like this:
/Users/Ran/€V2.0/Spine_file/examples/dragon/dragon.spine
I've changed how preferences are saved in 1.6.32 (now up) so hopefully this doesn't happen again. Unfortunately this means that your preferences will get reset more often if I add or remove something stored in the preferences, but that doesn't happen very much.
Thank you very much! Nate! :love: :love: :love:
I finally know what is the wrong with my Spine!
All because i use Chinese as my file name..I am a Chinese..Aha!
I had changed my path into English..
That's the best way to avoid this kind problem i think.

At the end,
Welcome to China!
Beautiful & Vast & Large Population.. 8)
Ran
  • Posts: 17

Nate

Yes but Spine should handle Chinese just fine. Can you please post what the full path was?
User avatar
Nate

Nate
  • Posts: 10562

Ran

Nate wrote:Yes but Spine should handle Chinese just fine. Can you please post what the full path was?
I have changed the path into English..but i guess the older path is:
/Users/Ran/摸摸乐开怀V2.0/Spine_file/examples/dragon/dragon.spine
Ran
  • Posts: 17

Nate

Aha! Thank you! I was able to reproduce the problematic encoding with that path. I've changed back to using JSON to store preferences and it should work fine now. :)
User avatar
Nate

Nate
  • Posts: 10562

Ran

Nate wrote:Aha! Thank you! I was able to reproduce the problematic encoding with that path. I've changed back to using JSON to store preferences and it should work fine now. :)
Also thank you~
I will try my best to support your activities all the time.
I don't have VISA, but i will have it soon later. ;)
Ran
  • Posts: 17


Return to Bugs