NTTP

Thanks for reviewing the spine project. Before emailing you the file I had checked non-essential data while exporting my file but It did not improve the results any.
The file that I sent you had a defeat animation which when imported to version 3.4.0 is effected the most. At this point I guess this is the most I can hope for and I would have to manually correct the errors that I come across.
None the less your feedback is really appreciated it really did help a lot so thank you :)
I don't recall using any of the new features like the sheer tool etc to much but I should now spend more time fixing these animations manually than try to look for any other solution.
Thanks again!

---

Hey Nate Problem Solved!
thanks again for looking into my issue had it not been for your feedback I would never have tired the following solution...
When I was animating in version Spine version 3.5.3. I was setting up keyframes for the sheer tool through out my animation even though I was not using the shear tool... Figure 1 shows what my time-line looked like (I selected the shear tool filter so that only the shear key frames are visible).
You see when I would add a key pose I'd select all the bones and add a key frame for rotate translate scale and also sheer regardless of if I needed all of these or not. You can see in Figure 1 the sheer settings remain unchanged throughout the timeline even though the keyframes are present.
So Since I wasn't really using the sheer tool I just deleted these keyframes from my file and then exported a JSON with non essential data checked.
Now when I import my animations in version 3.4.0 things look much better.

Thanks again for your help with all this Nate.
So to sum up...
The issue I was facing was that my animations were not coming out buggy when exporting from spine 3.5.3 to spine 3.4.0 even Though I knew I had not used the sheer tool or any other features that had not been available in version 3.4.0. Though I had not used these features I had non the less set key-frames for them in my original file and that is what was causing my exported JSON to not run as it ought to in Spine 3.4.0.
Deleting the keyframes for Shear did the trick in my case,
I hope if anyone else faces the same issue they can find a solution here.

---

just an observation;- Graphs tend to lose some of their data during all this. In many of my imported animations I've had to revert my graphs to liner or curve because they've automatically changed to stepped during this export/import process. Also some animations are still buggy however copying the keyframes and pasting them in a new/blank animation timeline fixes the bugs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NTTP

Nate

Not sure why shear timelines were causing problems, since 3.4 has shear. It's also very strange about the curves, especially if not all of the curves were affected the same way. While importing newer JSON data into an older Spine isn't technically supported, though it can often work, I wouldn't expect these two issues to be a problem. At any rate, I'm glad you got it working!
Nate

Nate

Erikari

Let's say I desperately want to use 3.6 but I'm stuck to 3.5 because we still have bugs in unity with 3.6 to solve. (they were saying something about their script unable to see when an animation ends if it's 3.6) Do you think that if I avoid using new features such as tint black, clipping, etc. but do use some of the abilities the editor has to offer sich as soft selection, animation preview in setup and so on I'll have problems?
Erikari

Erikari

Nate

Maybe. It's not something we officially try to support, so you'd have to try it and see what explodes. I think it should work fine, as we didn't change the data formats much.

You can definitely see when an animation ends. Ask them to post a new thread with their question, it is likely very easy to solve, just an API usage issue. Point them at: API Reference - Spine Runtimes Guide
Nate

Nate

JeffJ

The link for the json rollback tool is dead. How do I roll back my json files?
JeffJ

Nate

The rollback tool was to go from 3.4 to 3.3. If you are going from 3.6 to 3.5, you probably don't need it. I've fixed the link to the source file in the first post. The rollback tool is part of Skeleton Viewer, so you need to download Skeleton Viewer unless you want to compiled the source.
Nate

Nate

JeffJ

Thanks for the fast reply! Much appreciated! :)
JeffJ

Horkis

I cant import .Json from 3.6.35 to 3.5.51
Any help? Its just simple animations without Shear or bounding boxes.
Horkis

Nate

If you post the JSON, we can try to figure out what data in there is prevents it from importing into 3.5.51.
Nate

Nate

mfedorov

Have you ever thought to implement rollback json in the editor?
mfedorov

Nate

No, it is a one off tool for moving JSON data from 3.4 to 3.3. It is not an officially supported workflow. It is better to properly manage your Spine versions so you don't need to rollback your data. :)
Nate

Nate

ccyy__

I USED Skeleton Viewer to export,but the version was still not changed.Actually, I want the version 3.6 to the version 3.4, butresult it's still the version 3.6. And cloud u tell how use the Skeleton Viewer?
tips: I use the check Nonessential data.
ccyy__

Return to Editor