TheRealGabriel

Hey all! I was trying to figure out a way to do this, but either it does not exist, or I don't know how to do it. I have a character rigged up, who will eventually have over a thousand animations created for his skeleton. What I am HOPING to do is reduce the amount of scrolling up and down by being able to "Categorize" the animation sets into GROUPS, that I could then open and close much like how the Images folder system works. The problem becomes pretty unmanageable pretty quickly if you have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll to get to the animation you want. If there is a way to do this already, that would be amazing but if not then I would suggest that a system like that be implemented.
TheRealGabriel

Erikari

Hello! this feature is not available yet but is planned: Group folders for animations, slots · #20 · EsotericSoftware/spine-editor
Erikari

Erikari

ttran

Nice to hear. I am going through the same issue, hahaha.... not a thousand though. That's a lot... -_-"
I wonder in what scenario does a character need that much animation? I only have 30 and that's already a lot to handle with the scrolling.
ttran

fantasyz

In the mean time, if you are using 3.7 beta, I suggest you name your items nicely then you can use the search filter to filter out unwanted item in the Hierarchy.

For examlpe:
set1_talk
set1_walk
set1_run
set2_talk
set2_walk
set2_run

You can then enter set1 to the search box, other non-set1 items will be hidden.
Remember to turn on the filter mode. Otherwise it will only do highlight.
fantasyz

TheRealGabriel

Yeah, I am using very organized naming conventions, but am making a hyper-modular character with dedicated animations for LOTS of weapon types, locomotion animations, etc. I am REALLY glad to know that this feature is in the future pipeline because it is becoming unbearable. The search function is indeed a solid tool, but only gets me so far. Thanks for the heads up all.
TheRealGabriel

Return to Editor