Hi! Thanks for the new 4.0 update, it's quite good!
I'm using linked meshes to speed up my workflow, but I'm running into issues.
First a few questions. Am I correct in assuming that:
- Linked meshes are intended to work only with images of exactly the same size (actually: aspect ratio)?
- There is no way to re-align an image to an linked mesh?
The following is my issue:
Assuming that linked meshes need always work with the same texture dimensions (not an issue for me), the PhotoshopToSpine script doesn't allow me to properly do this. Turning off "trim whitespace" uses the documents bounds, which is much, much larger than any individual component and very wasteful.
Solutions on the photoshop-script side would be:
- To allow the texture bounds to be based on a different image with a tag: [bounds: name_of_other_image]
- To respect the photoshop 'mask' feature (see image above). This is how the built-in Photoshop Generator allows custom bounding boxes.
Solutions on the Spine editor side would be:
- To allow translation and scale offset between the linked mesh and the new image.
Maybe I've totally missed a feature, I'm pretty new to linked meshes!
Thanks in advance,