Raeleus

Hello. I was wondering if you all had a good strategy to box selecting keys accurately and quickly. Notice in the example below I want to box select from from 25 to 0:

dopesheet1.gif

I can't start dragging from 25 because that will drag the key. The zoom also isn't helping me much here. The following is the way I'm doing it right now:

dopesheet2.gif

Zooming in and out while dragging is not very intuitive. It's especially annoying when I have already panned and zoomed to where I'm interested.

I know I can just drag a box from outside in this case. Imagine there is a key at 26 that I don't want to include. I don't know of a way to deselect keys from a box selection. Thanks for your help.
Raeleus

Pharan

I kinda agree. That's annoying.
There should be a way to select starting from a key.

Maybe there should be modifier key to force-box-select?
Official Esoteric Assorted Furniture Cleaner and Teahouse | Check out the Spine Users Tumblr Blog: spine-users.tumblr.com
pharan.deviantart.com | pharantriestoanimatestuff.tumblr.com - - - Windows 10 - Spine-Unity.
Pharan

Pharan

Raeleus

Ctrl and Shift keys already have their uses. The Cheat Sheet says "Alt + LMB + Drag" is supposed to "move including subsequent keys". I couldn't quite figure out what that does. Isn't that what the "Shift" button option does? Anyway, that would be my vote if Alt does indeed do nothing.

-edit

On second thought, Ctrl would be perfect. It kinda behaves this way already when you are adding a box selection to your current selection. You just have to be careful to distinguish between "Ctrl + click" and "Ctrl + drag".
Raeleus

Nate

Yep, ctrl (cmd on Mac) already does this. Hold ctrl, press the mouse button, drag to box select, release the mouse button. The only caveat is that holding ctrl also allows multiple box selections to be made. You can click in empty dopesheet space to deselect, but this will set the current frame to where you clicked. One way to deselect is to drag to make a box selection in empty space (without holding ctrl). It may be more convenient to click the key where you want to start your box selection, this will clear any current selection and select that key. Next hold ctrl and make a box selection starting on that key.
Nate

Nate

Raeleus

OK then, I guess that works well enough. Thanks for the responses everyone!
Raeleus

Return to Editor