The Spine Runtimes are libraries that allow your game toolkit to load and render animations in your games, just as they do in Spine. Our APIs provide direct access to bones, attachments, skins and other animation data. Bones can be manipulated procedurally, animations can be combined, crossfaded and more.
The official runtimes are available on GitHub and licensing Spine grants permission to use the runtimes in your applications. All of the source code is provided, which is essential for such a fundamental component of your games.
If you are evaluating the runtimes prior to licensing Spine, the Spine Trial comes with many example projects that include exported example data. These exports can be used to evaluate the runtimes from start to finish.
Spine officially supports these game toolkits out of the box.
- cocos2d-objc – Objective-C
- cocos2d-x – C++
- Corona – Lua
- Flash – ActionScript 3, demo
- libgdx – Java, HTML5 demo, game demo
- LÖVE – Lua
- MonoGame – C#
- SFML – C++
- Starling – ActionScript 3, demo
- Unreal Engine 4 - C (C++ coming soon) - Official Guide.
- Unity – (also supports 2D Toolkit), C#, documentation
- XNA – C#
The generic runtimes handle everything except rendering. If your game toolkit is not officially supported, you can easily extend one of the official generic runtimes or try one of the third party runtimes.
These runtimes have been developed by the gaming community. Some projects are more active than others, but most are open source in case you would like to contribute.
Please post on the Spine forum if you’d like your runtime listed here.
- MonoGame and Gdna
- nicolay/Unity – native Unity animations
- pixelballoon/Unity – native Unity animations
- Unity Futile
- Wave Engine
- XNA/MonoGame – content pipeline
- Chobolabs/spine-cpp – thread
- GerogeChong/spine-sdl – C/C++ with bindings for C#, Python, and others
- nitrobin/spinehx – Haxe 3 and NME 4
- A-Frame – demo, thread
- EaselJS – blog, demo
- flyover/spine.js – demo
- PixiJS – demo
- PlayCanvas – demo, Super Spineboy
- tangerinagames/spine-moai – Lua
- Vavius/plugin-moai-spine – C++/Lua, high performance, thread
- Vavius/Hanappe – Lua, thread
- Pascal – FPC, Delphi, Smart Mobile Studio