tjbrunetto

Hi Esoteric Team,

I think I have spotted a bug with path constraints. I was having an issue with my path not working properly and I was using the bones that look like a bullseye. I then decided to follow the spine video tutorial where you make your own path constraint verbatem, literally even following the same exact bone icon and the path constraint worked. I was trying to set the path constraint to chain scale and evenly space six objects at a percentage of 16.7 percent. The bullseye bones did not work but the regular bones that you drag to instantiate did work.

Tim
tjbrunetto

Shiu

Hello tjbrunetto,

I'm unable to reproduce this. It would be great if your could provide a screenshot of the exact settings you use in the path constraint, as well as the hierarchy of your bones, where you encounter this error.
I only experience this behavior when Spacing is set to Length while using zero length bones. What you referred to as "bullseye" I believe.

If there is indeed a bug, we would love to fix it!
Shiu

Shiu

tjbrunetto

Hi Shiu,

I found the workaround and then implemented it into my project. At this point I would have to recreate the bug myself if it is even present. I thought it was odd myself because I didnt know why the bone icon would affect functionality within an animation set up.
tjbrunetto

Shiu

Hopefully it was just a case of having Spacing set to Length and not an actual bug!

I've tried again a couple of times, and I'm still not able to reproduce it.
Shiu

Shiu

Return to Editor