badlogic

weapon

Ever wondered how to create a setup in Spine that would allow your character to hold a weapon, but also throw it away if needed? Wonder no more! We'll explain step-by-step how to do exactly that in this blog post.

Blog: Holding a two-handed weapon
badlogic

Mario

raiquiis

Hello,
I've been trying this and I'm not getting the same result. For me to have the same result I need to have the Mix setting for the IK constraints at 100 and not at 0. The moment I turn to 0, they become normal bones, both in Setup and Animation mode.
raiquiis

Erikari

Hello, that is precisely the point, as described at the beginning of this paragraph: Blog: Holding a two-handed weapon: Creating animations following the weapon
If you turn them off in setup mode and turn them on during the animations that need it, you'll get the best of both worlds :D
Erikari

Erikari

raiquiis

Erikari wrote:Hello, that is precisely the point, as described at the beginning of this paragraph: Blog: Holding a two-handed weapon: Creating animations following the weapon
If you turn them off in setup mode and turn them on during the animations that need it, you'll get the best of both worlds :D
That makes way more sense, thank you. :lol:
raiquiis

eprime

This forum needs an upgrade with new features as "thank you" button and so on
thank you
Cristian
eprime

badlogic

We just assume all of Erika's posts get a gazillion "thank you"s.
badlogic

Mario

Return to Spine