Jamez0r

Hey Harald and everyone 8)

I just updated from Unity 2020.2 to 2021.2.7f1, and am fixing all the issues that have popped up. I am using the newest URP Shaders package.

One thing that is acting differently is the 2D Lighting on my skeletons. I use the URP/2D/Spine/Sprite shader. After updating to 2021.2, all of my skeletons that are lit and use normalmaps looked strange. They mostly looked like they weren't being lit at all.

But I noticed that when I add a fresh new skeleton to the scene, that the lighting looks correct - I recorded a video:

Just to summarize the video - adding a fresh skeleton to the scene that is using the URP/2D/Spine/Sprite shader with no "add normals" or "solve tangents" settings looks like its correctly lit. Enabling "add normals" and "solve tangents" makes the lighting look incorrect.

Am I forgetting to do something maybe, or might Unity have changed how things work a bit?

Thanks for any help!

Edit: Just to add a little bit more information (not sure if its related), I had to modify a part of the shader code as mentioned in this post: [ALPHA] 2021.2.a19 - Skeleton Lit

And if I switch the skeleton's shader over to the URP/2D/Spine/Skeleton Lit shader, the skeleton does not appear to be lit by anything except the Global Light.
Jamez0r

Luke

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that Harald is currently on vacation. He will take a look when he returns!
Luke

Luke

Jamez0r

Luke wrote:Hello, I just wanted to let you know that Harald is currently on vacation. He will take a look when he returns!
Thanks Luke!
Jamez0r

Harald

Sorry for the late reply, and very sorry for the troubles! We will have a look at both issues very soon and get back to you as soon as we have a fix to offer.
Harald

Harri

Jamez0r

Thanks Harald, welcome back and happy new year! :grinteeth:
Jamez0r

Harald

Thanks, I wish you a late happy new year as well of course! :)

I had hoped to fix the shader issues earlier, both fixes are committed to the 4.0 and 4.1-beta branches now.
New Spine URP Shaders UPM 4.0 and 4.1-beta packages are available for download here as usual:
Spine Unity Download

Please let us know if this update resolves the problems on your end as well. Thanks as always for reporting!

For later references: the issues have been tracked under these issue tickets:
https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/spine-runtimes/issues/2022
https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/spine-runtimes/issues/2023
Harald

Harri

Jamez0r

Harald wrote:Please let us know if this update resolves the problems on your end as well.
It sure did! Thanks a ton, Harald!! :greatsuccess:
Jamez0r

Harald

Very glad to hear, thanks for letting us know! 8)
Harald

Harri

Return to Unity