Ranim

Hi Team,

Spine is amazing software and more than one year, I was animating in this software,but i feel motion trail option make this software much effective like Autodesk Maya did.Can you guys implement MOTION TRAIL in this software :)

Thanks
Ranim
Ranim

Zephyr

Motion trails look interesting after watching some videos.

So it visualizes the chronological movement of an IK constraint in the workspace - with editable keyframe target points.

I guess this kind of feature is designated to work with IK constraints only - or does it make sense with other bone transformations, too?
Zephyr

Erika

If it could be applied to point bones in general one could place a point bone where needed to check anything they might want to check as well :> it would be pretty useful indeed to keep good cycles!
Erika

Erikari

Pharan

It sounded like some kind of special effect. I was wrong.
So it's like visible keyed paths in After Effects.

Sounds like a good addition to the Ghosting panel to me. Just show lines and keyed points, maybe?
Pharan

Ranim

yeah...it will be great addition in spine....if you implement motion trail. it will help animators to see arc in his animations.
Ranim

Nate

Nate

Nate

Ranim

Thanks...for considering my problem...:)
Ranim

Xelnath

My animator would appreciate this feature too.
Xelnath

OzAdi

until this feature is implemented, there is a small workaround: in set up mode, create a small png circle in photoshop, import it to the spine project and put it under a slot, then make the slot a child of the controller you want to check the arc for, and position it to the center of the controller. Now just activate ghosting, make sure you activate ghosting for selected only (the icon in the bottom, left to the lock). set number of frames for the before and after, and frame step to 1, make sure you use images, and solid colors. now in animate mode, select the controller, and move the timeline, you should she a good representation of the arc.. change ease in/out and keyframes to alter the arc/timing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OzAdi

Nate

That is clever OzAdi, thanks for sharing!
Nate

Nate

OzAdi

Thanks Nate, maybe until motion trails are implemented, it's easier to enable ghosting of bones in the next release. this will eliminate all the workaround steps, and give a similar result much faster.
OzAdi

Nate

True. I added a separate issue for ghosting bones, likely we can get to it sooner.
https://waffle.io/EsotericSoftware/spine/cards/5b32929e219a26001b8b983b
Nate

Nate

OzAdi

Great! :) thanks.

---

Hi Nate, just to add to that, it would be great if it would be possible to have a frame step less than 1 for ghosting bones. if there's a fast movement, the space between each frame it too big, and it is hard to see the arc. fractional frames to add more layers of ghosting would be great :)
OzAdi

Nate

Yep, you can already do that! You just have to type the fractional value, since a slider doesn't do tiny values well.
Nate

Nate

Pharan

I often set it at 0.5 or 0.25 myself. I think this has been supported since ghosting was added.
Pharan

OzAdi

oh.. great! :)
OzAdi

Return to Editor