NicolaSirago

hi!
I would like to use an animated path to direct some unity particles.
Is it possible to get the animated mesh of the path or do you have any suggestion to achieve the result of particles following the path?
any help would be appreciated, cheers!
NicolaSirago

Harald

Hello and sorry for the late reply!

The typical way to have objects follow a path is to first create multiple separate bones in the Spine editor that follow the path - you can have a look at the tank-pro or stretchyman-pro example projects that come with Spine.

In Unity you can then create a child GameObject at your character and attach a BoneFollower component that will then follow one of your bones (which are constrained to the path). You can have a look at the Spine Examples/Other Examples/Sprite Shaders example scene, here Stretchyman comes with eight bones per leg, where you could now create a child GameObject with a BoneFollower component that follows the bone back leg 4.
Harald

Harri

NicolaSirago

thanks, @Harald
Harald wrote: first create multiple separate bones in the Spine editor that follow the path
this is what I've done, but I was wondering if there was a method or something already in place, allowing me to handle the vertices of the path directly.
Anyway, thanks! Adding some bones orientating the direction of the particles through the angular coefficient of the line passing through the two bones it's a good compromise without having to recreate the bezier.
NicolaSirago

Harald

You're welcome!

Actually another solution just came to my mind - you could use a SkeletonRenderSeparator to isolate the desired particle-emitting part of the mesh and then use the corresponding MeshRenderer's mesh as an emitter source for your particles. I just tried this on the character in the Spine Examples/Other Examples/SkeletonRenderSeparator example scene and it works as intended.
Harald

Harri

Return to Unity