Ehdubya

Hello world!

I'm having trouble keeping the root selected and therefore making it impossible for me to create bones. Am I just over-looking some step? I have rigged several characters in Spine before and it seems to have started acting up with v1.6.13. Halp!
Ehdubya

Nate

What exactly is the problem? Maybe you could do a screencast? I'm able to select the root and create new bones just fine. I don't believe I've changed anything related to this recently. but it could have been inadvertent.
Nate

Nate

Ehdubya

I cannot select the root bone to create another bone. I can click on it, but once I go to select the bone creation tool it goes back to a selection of nothing. I've uploaded a screenshot of the message that pops up afterwards.

Ehdubya

DoobyDude

Click the bone creation tool, then select the root bone, THEN create your new bone.
DoobyDude

Nate

It works for me whether I select the root bone before or after the Create tool. Is it possible you have bone selection disabled under Options on the toolbar?
Nate

Nate

DoobyDude

You are right Nate, works either way here too - v1.6.13
DoobyDude

Ehdubya

Problem resolved. It looks like it was just the bone tool was turned off in the options panel (ugh, I'm stupid). I must have clicked it off in another project but didn't make the connection. May I make the suggestion that when you start a new project that it restores it to a default setting and those settings don't carry over to new projects? Thanks for you help and patience.
Ehdubya

Return to Bugs