spirogio

Godot 3 being a very capable, easy to use engine wich is growing more and more in popularity convinced me
to use it for the development of my next project. The only thing that is missing are the runtimes for spine. :)
I read on the forum that the runtimes are on their way and am very happy about it. So to my questions.
Will these runtimes enable us to use advanced features of spine like inverse kinematic, paths, constraints etc. ?

This is my first post here. so I want to congratulate Nate and all involved for this awesome software. :yes:
spirogio

Nate

Thanks! :happy:

All runtimes support all features you see in the editor unless the game toolkit makes this impossible (which is rare). badlogic can give an update on when the Spine Godot runtime will be available.
Nate

Nate

TheTrope

For now, you can use this :

https://github.com/GodotExplorer/spine

It lacks lot of features, and it's basically a "read-only" runtime, you can't interact on the skeleton yourself, but you can play animations (it does support FFD)

It's still nice to have this runtime while waiting for the official one (wich hasn't been started yet I think) :)
TheTrope

spirogio

Hey TheTrope, yes thanks.
I have tried it out and its nice for a "preview look" before the real stuff comes out. :p (although in my case it didn't function very well with a test export from godot. there was a problem with the json resource loading that i couldn't figure out). So we'll wait for master badlogic :) Maybe now that the c++ generic runtime is out, it is easier to implement with gdnative. darn it.... i wish i was better in c++ programming :)
spirogio

Return to Runtimes