rorlick

So i pulled the runtimes from git, and imported the spine-c and spine-sfml files into a new project to get it working before i put it into my main project. I get the same error if i try using the spineboy() or goblins() methods, where it gives me the error:

Thread 1: EXC_BAD_ACCESS(code = 1, address = 0x38)

on this line in SkeletonData.c:

Animation* SkeletonData_findAnimation (const SkeletonData* self, const char* animationName) {
int i;
for (i = 0; i < self->animationCount; ++i)
if (strcmp(self->animations[i]->name, animationName) == 0) return self->animations[i];
return 0;
}

called from here:

Atlas* atlas = Atlas_readAtlasFile("../data/goblins.atlas");
SkeletonJson* json = SkeletonJson_create(atlas);
json->scale = 2;
SkeletonData *skeletonData = SkeletonJson_readSkeletonDataFile(json, "../data/goblins.json");
Animation* walkAnimation = SkeletonData_findAnimation(skeletonData, "walk");
SkeletonJson_dispose(json);

SkeletonDrawable* drawable = new SkeletonDrawable(skeletonData);
drawable->timeScale = 1;

Skeleton* skeleton = drawable->skeleton;
skeleton->flipX = false;
skeleton->flipY = false;
Skeleton_setSkinByName(skeleton, "goblin");
Skeleton_setSlotsToSetupPose(skeleton);
// Skeleton_setAttachment(skeleton, "left hand item", "dagger");

skeleton->root->x = 320;
skeleton->root->y = 590;
Skeleton_updateWorldTransform(skeleton);

AnimationState_setAnimation(drawable->state, walkAnimation, true);

I believe that particular error is related to the pointer going out of scope, but what I posted above is all the Spine code the program is running through before it quits, so I'm really not sure how to approach this. I confirmed the json has the appropriate animation name and I believe it loads correctly, so I'm just really confused right now. Thanks for any help!

Robert
rorlick

Nate

Probably SkeletonJson_readSkeletonDataFile is returning NULL. Check for this and print the error, eg:
if (!skeletonData) printf("Error: %s\n", json->error);
Most likely it can't find the file at "../data/goblins.json".
Nate

Nate

rorlick

Nate wrote:Probably SkeletonJson_readSkeletonDataFile is returning NULL. Check for this and print the error, eg:
if (!skeletonData) printf("Error: %s\n", json->error);
Most likely it can't find the file at "../data/goblins.json".
Progress! It does throw the error:

Error: Unable to read skeleton file: goblins.json

So I tried moving it to the same folder and adjusted the call appropriately("goblins.json instead of "../data/goblins.json") and still no luck. The JSON itself is fine I'm sure and this may be an easy fix, but I'm stumped.

Robert
rorlick

Nate

Figure out where you are running the executable from (what the working directory is) and then give a path to your JSON file relative to that.
Nate

Nate

rorlick

Nate wrote:Figure out where you are running the executable from (what the working directory is) and then give a path to your JSON file relative to that.
Yup, that did it! This is my first time doing serious development on a mac, took me a while just to find the build path. Thanks for the help!

Robert
rorlick

Return to Editor