e.n.

Hi!

I recently upgraded to the new Spine 3.7. I did some animations using this version.
But I need to go back to an older Spine version.... and I don´t want to loose all the work I have done.
When I try to open my project in an older version, obviously it doesn´t work. It´s there any way to recover my animations from an new version, and open them in an older version?

Any ideas....?
e.n.

Erikari

Hello!
Export a Json with nonessential data checked, then downgrade Spine and reimport it.
Make sure that in the project you are exporting there aren't any features that the older Spine didn't have, such as audio, because it will fail to import in this case.
Export - Spine User Guide
Import - Spine User Guide
Erikari

Erikari

e.n.

It worked!!!!
Thank you so much!!
e.n.

warmanw

Hi I am having same issue but 3.8 -> 3.7

with nonessential data checked on still old spine cant import/open json/binary files.

is there anyway to downgrade JSONs or maybe I can do it manually if you can tell me what major has changed ?

---

I found this post
Spine editor and runtime version management

downloaded corresponding skeletonviewer and rolled out the json
but same :(

to make sure I need to run the command on the same version of skeletonviewer to which I want to downgrade.
so if I want working json for 3.7 I run it on 3.7 version skeletonviewer
warmanw

Kickstarter Backer

Nate

You would use the 3.8-beta Skeleton Viewer JAR to run the JsonRollback tool to go from 3.8 to 3.7. If you can't import the data after running the tool, please post or email the original JSON. contact@esotericsoftware.com
Nate

Nate

warmanw

I tried first but it says

ERROR: Target version must be: 2.1 or 3.7
Usage: <inputFile> <toVersion> [outputFile]

---

:happy: It works :

just command is a little different :D
warmanw

Kickstarter Backer

moonseed

Hi

Can you kindly explain how to run the JSON Rollback Tool for someone who isn't used to working with command lines in the Terminal?
I am on a Mac and so far have the skeleton viewer running by just double clicking the JAR file. I was wishing to find a JSON Rollback button in the UI but that's not how it works is it?

Thank-you!
moonseed

warmanw

I was wishing to find a JSON Rollback button in the UI
I wish it was that way :D

but dont worry using command line is not that hard.

first you need to have Java installed.
https://www.java.com/en/

then just open terminal and write this command
java -cp skeletonViewer.jar com.esotericsoftware.spine.JsonRollback input.json toVersion output.json

example
java -cp "C:\Users\Arman.Arman\Desktop\skeletonViewer-beta.jar" com.esotericsoftware.spine.JsonRollback "D:\Spine Animations\skeleton.json" "3.7" "D:\Spine Animations\skeleton1.json"
here how to do
it is not very well visible in gif but I drag and drop files into terminal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
warmanw

Kickstarter Backer

moonseed

Wow, how very nice of you... thank-you so much!
moonseed

Nate

Thanks warmanw!
Nate

Nate

Kheillustrations

you saved my butt @warmanw!
Kheillustrations <3
Kheillustrations

Krblshna

my god, awesome!
Krblshna